Automotive Engineering Technology Program
Introduction to Automotive Engineering Technology Program
Automotive Engineering Technology (AET) is an interdisciplinary training program that intersects with knowledge from many fields such as mechanics, automation, electricity and electronics. The curriculum aims to provide students with knowledge and skills in exploiting and managing vehicle services in order to meet the development of the automobile industry towards the 4.0 industrial revolution.
The educational philosophy of the program
“Learning by Design”
We believe that learning through practice and experience will form professional competencies, professional ethics, and a sense of responsibility to serve the automotive community.
- Expected learning outcomes
By the time of graduation, students will attain and demonstrate:
(K1) Apply knowledge of mathematics, social science, and economics in engineering.
(K2) Solve complex engineering problems in the automotive industry based on the combination of knowledge from interdisciplinary disciplines such as mechanics, electricity - electronics, automation and management.
(K3) Design components to form the automotive systems such as machine parts, suspension systems, electrical systems, and automatic control systems.
(S1) Function effectively in diverse technical teams, acting as an active member or taking a leadership role when required.
(S2) Integrate effectively oral, text, and multimedia communication and IT with the related parties in the engineering community and the society at large.
(S3) Combine critical thinking, creative thinking and problem solving skills effectively in the contexts of area of automotive engineering technology.
(S4) Conduct investigations, scientific research, experiments including prediction and modeling to apply in area of automotive engineering technology to solve the complex issues with an understanding of the limitations.
(S5) Analyze the technical fault of automobiles systematically.
(S6) Apply technical and economic management skills effectively as a member and leader in a team to manage projects that contribute to the community and social development.
(A1) Demonstrate understanding of the law, social responsibility and professional ethics of automotive engineers.
(A2) Demonstrate the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in area of automotive engineering technology and an understanding on the importance of an entrepreneurial mindset for professional and personal development.
- The position of the profession in society
After graduation from AET, students can apply for position as follows:
- Consultant engineer in technical positions, service, customer service at the manufacturing and assembling automotive companies, and maintenance and repair service in the automotive field.
- Operation engineer or Quality Assurance /Quality Control (QA/QC) engineer at the manufacturing and assembling automotive companies, spare parts production lines, etc.
- Sales staff in automotive spare parts companies, or automobile trading companies, etc.
- Design engineers in the fields of agriculture automation, design of specialized vehicles, and utilization of renewable energy and alternative fuel, etc.
- Potential lecturer at technical college or institutions in the automotive fields and its related.
- In addition, automotive engineering engineers also have the opportunity to promote to position of technical management, production management and operation in manufacturing and assembling cars, spare parts and accessories services for the automotive support industry, or the opportunity to start entrepreneurship business in opening own automotive maintenance & repair services or its related business.
- Relationship with partners
Currently, the Institute of Engineering and Technology is cooperating with the Vietnam leading enterprises such as Thaco, Vinfast, Toyota, etc. and also with the prestigious domestic and international universities. Through this connection, students can experience challenges and demonstrate their ability when participating in solving technology problems during their graduation internship and graduation thesis.